Tuesday, December 25, 2012

What Christmas means to me. By Sarah Burnes Heiner


Christmas is the pine tree Scent - you can smell throughout my house,
And tending the neighbor’s hamster - that my 4 yr old calls a mouse.

Christmas is our first nativity scene - I bought for a small amount.
A porcelain set I fixed with super glue - too many times to count.

Christmas is the sound of music - echoing throughout my home with delight.
Jingle bells, Rudolph and my favorite “Oh holy night"

Christmas is tiny paper scraps - from paper chains & snowflakes
No school and too many treats - that caused a few belly aches.

Christmas is watching the movie Elf - oh what a great show.
And laughing harder than my kids cuz Buddy just said “Francisco”.

Christmas is our elf named "Dovey" - who hides in a new spot each night.
Except for when he forgot to hide - there was confusion - and a little fight.

Christmas is a car full of kids - cranky, sad and happy
On a quest, to find Christmas lights - oh I wish I had a nappy.

Christmas is my boy telling me “the Edman’s have prettier lights!
Because they have rainbow colors and all we have is white”.

Christmas is giving service - to those who need a break
For we all have been there - when times were tough - it was all that we could take.

Christmas is the big sleepover - in the parents room on Christmas Eve.
With the window cracked - to hear Santa outside - oh, they truly believe.

Christmas is the talk with grandma right before she passed away
Life was hard, she had no presents, just a feast on that Christmas Day.

Christmas is forgiving those - who have done a little harm.
And putting all our faith in Christ - as he holds us in his arms.

Christmas is remembering our ancestors - for they are the ones who paid
That great price - of hard living - but their legend has always stayed.

Christmas is learning that Joseph and Mary - were Both from the tribe of Judah.
Joseph descended 52 generations directly from the prophet Noah.

Each year I try to teach my kids - the true meaning of this great day.
The kind acts - the simple joys - in remembrance of Him we pray.

This Christmas may we all be diligent - in remembering our Christ and redeemer.
His atonement, what great sacrifice For the weary and the dreamer.

Christ was born on Christmas Day - that's where this story begins.
For Christ is here - everyday with us - if we just let him in.


0 comments:

Post a Comment