Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Baby William Brady Heiner is Here!


After a long awaited pregnancy William Brady Heiner made his debut on June 8, 2010 at 2:29 pm; on his mommy's birthday. Weighing in at 7 pounds, 6 ounces and 20 inches long. I was surprised that he wasn't a 9 pound baby because the size of my belly was enormous! Brady and I arrived at the Timpanogos Regional Hospital at 7 am. Dr. Ollerton broke my water around 8:30 am. After a few hours I was still dilated to 4 cm, so the Dr. started giving me small doses of pitocin. After a few more hours I still hadn't dilated, so he had the nurse doubled the dose to 4 drops of pitocin per hour; which was still a very small amount. 30 minutes later, I was dilated to 8 cm, and 30 minutes after that I was fully dilated and ready to go. The Dr. quickly came back, and with only 2 pushes baby William was here. There weren't any complications with the delivery or with baby William. However, he did have 5 large scratches on the top of his head and his nose was bruised. Other than that, he was completely healthy. The scratches probably came from the the tool the Dr. used when he was trying to break my water. With 5 failed attempts at trying to break my water because of a full bladder, once emptied, my water broke very easily. Taylor, Madison, Anamarie and Brett welcomed their new baby brother William with lots of love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment