Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"Mom, I just love my new Marriott"

Last night Anamarie found lots of fun "treasures" in my office closet. Some she liked more than others, but her favorite was a black zipped case with writing on the front. She brought it over to me and asked "mom what does this say?" I said, "It says Marriott". About 2 minutes later, she asked again, "what's that say?", I repeated "Marriott". We repeated this about 5 more times, until the word stuck in her mind. This morning when she awoke, she told me, "Mom, I just love my new Marriott". She has played with the contents of her new "Marriott" all morning; scissors, tape, stapler, notepad, pen, ruler, highlighter, & more. These items enabled her to make snowflakes, letters to her friends to come play today, and a letter to her little brother telling him to be nice. The simple joys for a child.




0 comments:

Post a Comment